WMMC Now Offering COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Warrensburg, MO (April 30, 2020) — Western Missouri Medical Center (WMMC) will begin offering COVID-19 antibody testing for the public on May 4, 2020.
Antibodies are produced in response to a foreign virus, such as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The presence of COVID-19 antibodies shows that the patient has been previously infected and is at a reduced risk of contracting COVID-19 a second time.
COVID-19 antibody testing does not require that a patient is symptomatic and may be covered by your insurance. If you do not have insurance, testing will be submitted for reimbursement to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Claims Portal as instructed by the Federal Government. (https://www.hrsa.gov/coviduninsuredclaim) As government funding and plans continue to evolve, WMMC is continually adapting to provide COVID screenings to our greater community. If you receive a bill for COVID/Antibody Testing, please contact our offices so that we may assist you.
Patients are eligible for antibody testing at WMMC if they are:
- An established patient of a WMMC provider
- A resident of Johnson County, Missouri
- WMMC employees and family
- Whiteman Air Force Base residents
- University of Central Missouri faculty and students.
If you are interested in COVID-19 antibody testing:
- Contact your WMMC primary care provider for an appointment. An order from your primary care provider is required to be tested.
- Your primary care provider will provide a screening to ensure you are not showing COVID-19 symptoms and have been symptom-free for 14 days.
- Once you have been cleared for testing, you will be provided information on where to receive testing depending on the healthcare provider either in clinic or at the Testing and Evaluation Site.
- Once the antibody test is complete results will be available within 24 hours. Only patients that have tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies will be contacted with their test results. Negative test results will not be contacted. All test results, negative and positive, will be available through our online portal. You can register for WMMC’s Patient Portal at wmmc.com.
COVID-19 antibody test results are available on the Patient Portal in 36-72 hours. If you do not have a primary care provider and would like to receive antibody testing, please call WMMC’s Temporary COVID-19 Hotline at (660) 262-7580.
To learn more about how WMMC is being proactive against the spread of COVID-19, visit WMMC.com/COVID.
Other Recent Posts by WMMC:
WMMC Foundation Joining #GivingTuesdayNow in Global Day of Giving and Unity
Community Comes Together to Make Personal Protective Equipment
WMMC Announces #TeamUp2CleanUp to Prevent the Spread of Germs
About Western Missouri Medical Center
Western Missouri Medical Center (WMMC) is a fully-accredited acute care county medical center located in Warrensburg, MO. WMMC prides itself in emergency care, obstetrics, orthopedic and general surgery, family healthcare, internal medicine, outpatient clinics, ambulatory care, rehabilitation services and more. Inpatient services include medical, surgical, intensive, obstetrical, orthopedic, pediatric and skilled nursing care, as well as a wide range of therapeutic and diagnostic outpatient services. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Learn more at WMMC.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ellie Schmutz