Western Missouri Medical Center has partnered with UCM to create a unique internship program for students. Interns will work with WMMc’s professional team to create a bridge between university and professionalism. We are currently looking for interns for this program for the spring semester of 2021. This program is for non-clinical internships only inthe design, marketing, and public relations areas. Individuals seeking clinical internships should contact Ashley Holmberg, Employee Health and Wellness Coordinator at 660-747-2500 ext. 7926 or at email@example.com.
Interns seeking education the design, marketing, and public relations will be a part of the Communication & Development Department to execute branding campaigns and maintain the current marketing strategy. Our department prides itself on providing the necessary support and training to develop their skills into career-ready individuals.
Some of the benefits that all interns will receive are:
- An authentic experience working with a fast-paced marketing team with flexible scheduling and hours
- College credit through an already approved contractual agreement with UCM
- A personalized recommendation letter from the Marketing Manager for future employers
- Monthly team building activities and continued education discussions
- Experience with the fifth largest employer in the area to execute clear goals and deliverables
Interns can work in the following areas:
- Graphic Design, Photography, and Videography – Creating a wide range of digital and print content, and updates the website via WordPress.
- Social Media – Creates social media copy, content, and schedule. Engages, responds, manages updates, and reports on insights.
- Digital Marketing and Public Relations – Executes marketing initiatives such as email strategy, digital ads creation, website updates, community sentiment, and internal communication.
- Journalism and Copywriting – Source and writes patient and employee stories for the website, social media, local media outlets, and branding campaigns.
Our interns don’t do coffee runs – they receive guided training and experience a marketing department’s interworkings, including brainstorming, design, execution, and optimization. I am very excited to share this program with you, and please contact me if you have any questions about the program. Apply below to be a part of our program today!