NON-CLINICAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP IN WARRENSBURG, MO
Western Missouri Medical Center has partnered with UCM to create a unique internship program for students. Interns will work with WMMC’s professional team to create a bridge between university and professionalism. We are currently looking for interns for this program for the fall semester of 2021. This program is for non-clinical internships only in the design, marketing, and public relations areas. Individuals seeking clinical internships should contact Ashley Holmberg, Employee Health and Wellness Coordinator at 660-747-2500 ext. 7926 or at email@example.com.
Interns seeking education in design, marketing, or public relations will be a part of the Communication & Development Department to execute branding campaigns and maintain the current marketing strategy. Our department prides itself on providing the necessary support and training to develop his / her skills into career-ready individuals.
Some of the benefits that all interns will receive are:
- An authentic experience working with a fast-paced marketing team with flexible scheduling and hours
- College credit through an already approved contractual agreement with UCM
- A personalized recommendation letter from the Marketing Manager for future employers
- Monthly team building activities and continued education discussions
- Experience with the fifth largest employer in the area to execute clear goals and deliverables
Interns can work in the following areas:
- Graphic Design, Photography, and Videography – Creating a wide range of digital and print content, from pamphlets and flyers, to interview videos with physicians and event photography.
- Social Media – Creating social media copy, content, and scheduling posts. Engaging, responding, managing updates, and reporting on insights.
- Digital Marketing and Public Relations – Executing marketing initiatives such as email strategy, digital ads creation, website updates, community sentiment, and internal communication.
- Journalism and Copywriting – Sourcing and writing patient and employee stories for the website, social media, local media outlets, and branding campaigns.
- Event Planning – Planning and executing highly-anticipated and attended events that support the Western Missouri Medical Center Foundation.
Our interns don’t do coffee runs—rather, they receive guided training and experience on a marketing department’s interworkings, including brainstorming, design, execution, and optimization. Apply below to be a part of our program today!